Yesterday I went to Trader Joe’s for the first time ever, and it was pretty cool. I loved seeing little signs everywhere to let me know what was gluten free, and I really just loved the whole vibe of the store. I won’t lie, I definitely wandered around aimlessly at first because I was there to buy food to make dinner yet had no idea what I planned to make…
Nonetheless, I ended up making chicken parmesan, which is hands down one of my all time favorite meals. It was gluten free, but tasted like the real deal. You’ll want to make this one for sure.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used two and halved them)
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (16 oz) traditional marinara sauce (or whatever tomato sauce you want)
- 1 pack (16 oz) gluten free pasta
- shredded mozzarella cheese
So the first thing you’ll want to do is put your oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Next go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab 3 separate bowls. In the first, mix the flour and Italian seasoning. In the second, mix the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese. In the third bowl, mix the eggs and milk.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil.
- Coat the chicken breast in the egg mixture, then in the flour mixture. Coat in the egg mixture a second time, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with each breast.
- In a saucepan, put sauce on simmer.
- Place the chicken in the oil to fry, and turn heat up to medium/high. Fry until golden brown and crispy. This will vary depending on the stovetop/fryer. I think mine was somewhere between 5-10 minutes per side.
- Place pasta into boiling water. Follow cooking instructions on the package as times will vary depending on the gluten alternative used.
- Remove chicken from oil and place on a sheet pan (I cover mine with aluminum foil). Cover each breast in shredded mozzarella cheese and put in oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted. I like to turn the oven off and leave the chicken in so it doesn’t get cold.
As soon as the pasta is done cooking, you’re good to go! Serve sauce over pasta, and place chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
That’s all you guys! It was super easy to make, and I loved the way it tasted. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe.